- Entry is open only to students nominated by their Primary or High School.
- Maximum of 2 individual or group entrants per school with places allocated on a first-in basis. There are limited spots available and preference will be given to those Expressions of Interest Forms received first. We also reserve the right to refuse any entry. Closing dates are only a guide.
- The decision of the judges is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Judging criteria will not be disclosed and will be a combination of public votes and guest judge points.
- Public voting will take place on www.sunshineplazabreakthru.com. Videos of the performances will be loaded after each heat with the semi-finalist announced on the judges and results page each week.
- All performances must be PG rated as the Breakthru School Music and Dance Competition is a family friendly event. There is to be no offensive language, provocative gestures or discriminating themes. Entrants risk disqualification if these occur.
- Performances are to be a maximum of 5 minutes.
- Music mix must be emailed, uploaded via Breakthru website or sent on CD or USB (clearly labelled with only one music track per CD) to Fresh PR & Marketing by 29 April. No ipods or iphones will be accepted.
- Sportsperson-like behaviour is expected at all times. Failure to display appropriate behaviour will result in disqualification.
- There will be no rehearsal time given to performers on the day.
- Entrants are to arrive with their nominated school representative or parent leader for registration at 9am on the Saturday of their heat at The Riverwalk Stage, Sunshine Plaza.
- Enrolment forms and waivers must be completed and submitted before the deadlines for performances to be eligible to perform in the competition.
- There is to be one enrollment form completed per group/individual and one waiver form filled out by each entrant.
Breakthru Waiver and Release Deed Poll Form Please print, complete and bring with you on the day.
- The waiver form also gives permission for the event to have official photos and video recording of the performances for use on the website, social media and other marketing collateral.
- All performers must be present at the Grand Final to receive their prize. We do not post out awards.
- Sunshine Plaza is not responsible for any property loss or injury to any persons attending the event and lost property will be left at the Customer Service Centre for your collection.
- By entering the competition you accept and agree that you have read all these rules and the terms and conditions.
- All entrants must wear the Breakthru t-shirt during their performance with black trousers, shorts or skirts.
- The performance area includes a raised stage 9600 x 3600mm (or 34.56m2) and an additional 2000mm x 9600mm space directly in front of the stage on the ground level to accommodate larger groups. The maximum weight capacity of the stage area is 550kg/sqm or 125lb/sqft. It is the responsibility of the participating schools to ensure their performance can be conducted safely within the allocated performance area.
- The promotor suggests a maximum of 35 standing students or 25 seated students on the stage area at any one time, with any additional students utilising the area on the ground level. This should be taken into consideration when choreographing the performance. The promotor accepts no responsibility for any personal injury, death or property damage arises out of or in connection with each School’s performance.
- There are to be strictly no acrobatics in performances due to safety.
Saturday 28th May, 2016
Heat 1 Primary School Heat / Heat 2 Secondary School Heat
Saturday 4th June, 2016
Heat 3 Primary School Heat / Heat 4 Secondary School Heat
Saturday 11th June, 2016
Heat 5 Primary School Heat / Heat 6 Secondary School Heat
Saturday 18th June, 2016
Two winners will be selected from each heat. One winner will be selected by the guest judges based on technique, choreography/musicality and performance. The other heat winner will be selected based on public votes via www.sunshineplazabreakthru.com. The promoter reserves the right to enter wildcards into the Grand Final.
Winners will be announced via the website each week. The two winners from each heat will compete again as semi-finalists in the Grand Final.
At The Riverwalk Stage, Sunshine Plaza, Horton Parade, Maroochydore, Queensland.
Breakthru – School Music and Dance Competition (Promotion)
1. How to enter – schools:
a) Information on how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions.
b) Entry is only open to currently enrolled students of the following schools (School):
Brightwater State School
Burnside State High School
Caloundra State Primary School
Coolum State School
Currimundi Special School
Eumundi State School
Glasshouse Christian College
Glenview State School
Golden Beach State School
Good Shepherd Lutheran College
Kawana Waters State College
Kuluin State School
Landsborough State School
Maroochydore State High School
Maroochydore State School
Mountain Creek State High School
Noosa District State High School
North Arm State School
Peachester State School
St Teresa’s Catholic College
Talara Primary College
Yandina State School
c) Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
d) The Promotion commences at 8.00am EST on Saturday 28 May 2016 and closes at 5.30pm EST on Saturday 18 June 2016 (Promotion Period).
e) To enter, each School must prepare one or more music or dance performances (Entry/Entries) which must be performed at the Sunshine Plaza Riverwalk Stage on the allocated Heat days/times.
f) Each Entry will be showcased via a video link on www.sunshineplazabreakthru.com and voting will be open from 9am each Saturday through to midnight Wednesday each week following the School’s live performance at the Riverwalk Stage (Voting Period). After the Voting Period closes for each heat, voting for that Entry will cease and no further votes can be cast.
g) There are 8 categories (Category/Categories) and each School can enter no more than 2 Entries in total. Those 2 entries can be in any of the applicable Categories.
The Categories in which Schools can enter are as follows:
(i) Primary Dance Individual
(ii) Primary Dance Group
(iii) Secondary Dance Individual
(iv) Secondary Dance Group
(v) Primary Music Individual
(vi) Primary Music Group
(vii) Secondary Music Individual
(viii) Secondary Music Group
There will be 6 heats over 3 weekends (Heat) and Schools will be advised beforehand which Heat their Entries are participating in:
(i) Saturday 28 May: Heat 1 Primary School Heat / Heat 2 Secondary School Heat
(ii) Saturday 4 June: Heat 3 Primary School Heat / Heat 4 Secondary School Heat
(iii) Saturday 11 June: Heat 5 Primary School Heat / Heat 6 Secondary School Heat
The Grand Final will be held on Saturday 18 June 2016 with participants in Grand Final selected as per the conditions in paragraph (i) below.
h) Entries must adhere to the following guidelines or risk disqualification:
(i) Routine Length: Maximum 5 minutes.
(ii) Breakthru School Music & Dance Competition is a family friendly event. There must be no offensive language, provocative gestures or movements or discriminative themes.
(iii) All entrants must wear the Breakthru t-shirt during their performance with black trousers, shorts or skirts.
(i) The performance area includes a raised stage 9600 x 3600mm (or 34.56m2) and an additional 2000mm x 9600mm space directly in front of the stage on the ground level to accommodate larger groups. The maximum weight capacity of the stage area is 550kg/sqm or 125lb/sqft. It is the responsibility of the participating schools to ensure their performance can be conducted safely within the allocated performance area. The promotor suggests a maximum of 35 standing students or 25 seated students on the stage area at any one time, with any additional students utilising the area on the ground level. This should be taken into consideration when choreographing the performance. The promotor accepts no responsibility for any personal injury, death or property damage arises out of or in connection with each School’s performance.
(ii) A parent or guardian of every performing student must sign a Waiver & Release Deed Poll before performing the Entry.
(iii) The Winners must be available after the Grand Final for a photo shoot (to be arranged at a later date).
i) The Entry with the highest public Weighted Votes in each Heat (as determined under paragraph k below) at the end of each Heat’s Voting Period will go through to the Grand Final along with a judge’s choice winner from each Heat. There will be 12 entrants into the Grand Final (Grand Finalists). The Voting Period commences on 9am EST each Saturday and close at midnight EST each Wednesday following the relevant Heat. The Promoter reserves the right to enter additional wildcard entries if it so elects. All Grand Finalists are to perform their original performance pieces again at the Grand Final on Saturday 18 June 2016 where a Primary and Secondary School Winner, 2nd runner up and 3rd runner up will be decided by the judges appointed by the Promoter and announced on the day.
j) The total prize value is $30,000 (ex GST) and will be distributed as follows:
k) The Weighted Votes applicable during the Heats will be determined using the following formula: Z = (X / (Y + A) ) * 100
Z = Weighted Votes X = Aggregate number of eligible votes received by the Promoter during the Voting Period in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Breakthru – School Music and Dance Competition
Y = Number of students enrolled at the either the Primary and/or Secondary School as at upon registration.
A = Average number of enrolled students of participating schools.
l) The winning School and 2nd and 3rd place runners up from the Grand Finalists will be announced in person at the end of the Grand Final to be held at the Riverwalk Stage Sunshine Plaza Shopping Centre on Saturday 18 June 2016. All Grand Finalists and their school representatives must be present on this day. The Winners will also be announced on www.sunshineplazabreakthru.com on Monday 20 June 2016.
m) This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each Entry in the Grand Final will be individually judged based on creative merit. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
n) The Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify or penalise any entrant that has breached these terms and conditions or gained votes in an inappropriate manner, including but not limited to hacking, breach of copyright or intellectual property rights or in breach of any laws or if they do not follow the guidelines and rules set.
o) The prize(s) is/are not redeemable for cash and cannot be transferred or exchanged.
p) Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify rights which you may have under any law (including the Australian Consumer Law (“ACL”), and consumer guarantees relating to goods or services under the ACL) which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement (‘Your Consumer Rights’). Subject to Your Consumer Rights, the Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage however caused (including by negligence), suffered or incurred in connection with the Promotion or the prize. Any condition or warranty which would be implied by law into these terms and conditions is excluded.
q) By entering into the promotion you accept all conditions of entry including these terms and conditions. By entering the Promotion you warrant that you have not breached any copyright or intellectual property rights, and that the entry is your own.
r) By entering the Promotion, you grant to the Promoter an irrevocable, royalty-free licence to use, adapt, reproduce, amend and publish the song/dance/music routine during the Voting Period and for future marketing or promotional purposes.
|Primary School||Secondary School|
|Winning School prize: $6,000 Cash prize||Winning School prize: $6,000 Cash prize|
|Winning Entry (student prize): $3,000 worth of Sunshine Plaza Gift Cards to be used by students||Winning Entry (student prize): $3,000 worth of Sunshine Plaza Gift Cards to be used by students|
|2nd runner up school prize: $4,000 Cash prize||2nd runner up school prize: $4,000 Cash prize|
|3rd runner up school prize: $2,000 Cash prize||3rd runner up school prize: $2,000 Cash prize|
s) The Promoter may cancel the Promotion and not award the Prize where circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control prevent the Promoter from providing the Prize. Should the Promoter cancel the Promotion the Promoter will:
(i) advertise that the Promotion has been cancelled by placing a notice on the Breakthru website and contact the entrants by phone and email.
(ii) promptly destroy all entries received; and
(iii) not use the personal information you have provided on the voting form.
t) All entries become the property of the Promoter. As detailed in the privacy statement which accompanies these terms and conditions, all entries will be entered into a database and the entrants’ names and addresses may be used for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
u) The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
v) The Promoter is Lend Lease a division of Lend Lease Property Management (Australia) Pty Ltd ABN 61 002 894 153, Level 4, 30 The Bond, 30 Hickson Road, Millers Point, NSW, Sydney 2000.
2. How to enter – customer (voting):
Breakthru School Music & Dance Competition
a) Information on how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions.
b) Entry is only open to residents of Australia. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Voting commences at 9am EST each Saturday and close at midnight EST each Wednesday following the relevant Heat. At this time, public voting will close and all entries will be counted. There will be 6 heats over 3 weekends (Heat) and Schools will be advised beforehand which Heat their
Entries are participating in:
(i) Saturday 28 May: Heat 1 Primary School Heat / Heat 2 Secondary School Heat (ii) Saturday 4 June: Heat 3 Primary School Heat / Heat 4 Secondary School Heat (iii) Saturday 11 June: Heat 5 Primary School Heat / Heat 6 Secondary School Heat
a) To enter the Breakthru School Music and Dance Competition Online you must:
I. Visit www.sunshineplazabreakthru.com
II. Click on the Enter Now section, fill out your details and vote for your favourite Entry.
b) Online voting is limited to one vote per Entry per valid email address. Any votes in addition to this will be ineligible and disqualified.
The personal information you have provided to us by completing this entry form may be used for the purpose of administering the Promotion, to contact you if you are the winner of the competition, advising the public of the winner of the competition and, unless you opt out on the entry form or by contacting us, communicating with you on an ongoing basis with information on any products or services you may be interested in at Sunshine Plaza. This may be by any means of communication including telephone and electronic messages (e.g. email). If the information requested is not provided, you may not enter the competition.
From time to time this information may be used by and disclosed to our service providers (such as mail houses, delivery companies, market research) or our related companies. The use and disclosure of this information will be subject to the restrictions imposed on us by the Privacy Act 1988.
The owners of Sunshine Plaza and the operating entities which are listed at www.lendlease.com are referred to in this Privacy Statement as “we”, “our” and “us”.